I am by no means vegan, but this vegan cookie recipe has me wondering if a plant based diet could really taste this good (…then I remember that vegan ice cream exists.) Regardless, this recipe is about as easy as it gets, and that says something because I struggle to even make scrambled eggs, and will take no more than a half hour of your time (baking included).
- -2 cups of all purpose flour
- -¼ teaspoon baking powder
- -½ teaspoon baking soda
- -1 teaspoon of pink salt (or substitute with regular salt)
- -1 ¼ cup of packed brown sugar
- -½ cup of veggie or neutral oil
- -1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- -6 tbsp of almond milk or any plant milk of choosing (I’ve used oat milk and it’s come out great)
- -1 cup of vegan chocolate chunks or chips of your choosing (can add more or less to best fit your taste)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line your baking sheet with either parchment paper or grease well with vegan butter.
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda and pink salt together and mix well until combined with no chunks present.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the brown sugar and oil until well combined. Once mixed, add in the vanilla, oil and plant milk and mix again until combined.
- Add the dry mix to the wet mix 1 cup at a time and mix well until everything is incorporated and smooth. **This step takes a little while, but if you keep mixing it then trust that the dough will form.
- Add in chocolate chips or chunks and fold
- Scoop out dough (about 2 in. thick) and place onto a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at the center of your oven for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
**This recipe made me about 16 cookies**
TIP: If you want your chocolate chips to be more gooey, you can chill your dough in the fridge overnight, take them out and then let them sit until they reach room temperature before placing them on your cookie sheet.